Standard 1

Educators value the success of all students. Educators care for students and act in their best interests.

THE WHAT:

I want all of my learners to be able to meet the same requirements. On the other hand, I want to develop a system that is malleable enough to speak to a variety of learner needs and abilities. Scaffolding my lesson plans is going to take a lot of practice and I have not met enough learners to be able to guess what I will need to do for future lessons. For now, I am trying to create a space for myself and my learners that allows for growth in all areas while providing assistance to boost those who need it. I want equity in my equality and I want my learners to understand why that is important.

THE SO WHAT:

I have a lot of space to grow in this area but I am trying and I am happy with the improvements that I have made.

THE NOW WHAT:

I feel that the only way I can grow in this respect is to continue gaining experience in the classroom. I can do this in my practice, by observing other professionals, by maintaining professional development standards, and by developing spaces WITH my students and FOR my students.

Artefact:

The following assessments are self-assessments that I developed for a group project. One focuses on the group and is completed by the group. One is for the self and analyses how a student feels that they did within the group. I tried to develop several entry points for learners and give them areas to analyze their contributions alongside those of others.

Self-Assessment (Group Project)

Group Self-Assessment