Values and Goals

My Values

I believe that education is humanity’s last line of defense against cruelty. In the journey that is a child’s formative growth and development, I believe that our education system is creating better access points for young learners to develop as healthy individuals. 

I also believe that by the time many youths make it to secondary education, there are significantly fewer resources, systems, and access points prepared for them to assist in healthy growth and development. 

As a learner, I hope that my involvement in secondary education can encourage critical thinking, inquiry, agency, and ethical judgment-making skills. 

My Goals

Long-term, I would love to acquire a PhD in my preferred subject area. What that subject is has fluctuated over time and is likely to continue fluctuating. Education will always be the vehicle and lens through which I see history and humanities, but I have a passion for art, writing, cinema, and self-expression that I know I would love to explore in an academic space. I want to inform my teaching with personal learning to keep my own questioning and critical analysis skills alive and prepared to help any learner I might work with in the future.